If you’re thinking about switching to natural deodorant, let us be the first to say good on ya. You’re doing your body a solid. But, reaping the rewards of an aluminum-free deodorant isn’t a simple case of out with the old and in with the new. So before diving into natural deodorant, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Detox is part of the process.
First things first… that conventional drugstore deodorant you’ve been using? It keeps odor at bay by plugging up your sweat glands with chemicals, additives, and heavy metals like aluminum. Besides the potential health risks associated with these substances, preventing sweat from escaping your pores also traps toxins and bacteria, which build up over the years.
Switching to natural will induce a detox phase. During this process, your body will purge all the fun stuff that’s been building up in your pits. You may experience increased sweating, more noticeable body odor, or minor skin irritation. Don’t panic – it’s only temporary. And there are things you can do to help make detox easier. Our Skin Soothing Oil has everything you need to make the transition (and your underarms) as smooth as possible.
All pits are not created equal.
Everyone’s body chemistry is unique – which means there is no one-size-fits-all deodorant. But, we believe everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of switching to natural deodorant. That’s why we’ve spent years developing innovative formulations using the purest, most effective, all-natural ingredients out there.
- Our baking soda deodorant neutralizes body odor rather than covering it up for long-lasting protection without heavy metals, harsh chemicals, or other potentially harmful additives.
- The highly-absorbent properties of activated charcoal make it the perfect baking soda free charcoal, helps to gently remove impurities and toxins that may be hiding in your sweat glands.
- For those with delicate or reactive skin, our baking soda free unscented offers effective odor control without baking soda or any scent.
- All our baking soda free deodorants targets odor-causing bacteria while soothing and protecting skin for a gentle yet effective alternative to baking soda.
- Not sure which is right for you? Start by reading our Blog or contacting our helpful Pit Masters at support@heypretty frank.com to help you choose a formula.
You’re going to sweat (and that’s a good thing).
Though glossy ads may have trained us to think otherwise, we all sweat. It’s a normal, natural process that’s necessary for your body to rid itself of toxins. When using natural deodorant, you will sweat – even more so right after making the switch. But the more you use it, the better it works, so stick with it. Plus, there’s a whole host of health and beauty benefits linked to perspiration that may help you learn to embrace it.
Less is more.
We only use simple, recognizable ingredients – stuff you could find in your kitchen. With no aluminum, no parabens, no harsh chemicals, no toxins, and no synthetic fragrance, this stuff is good enough to eat (though we wouldn’t recommend it). And remember, a little goes a long way. A pea-sized amount of pit paste or a few swipes of a stick is all you need for lasting freshness.
You’re gonna love it.
By reducing exposure to toxic chemicals, switching to natural deodorant stands to make a big difference in your overall health. It’s the first step toward becoming a healthier, happier you.